Ready to Get Started
15-Minute Initial Consultation: Free!
This is a short discussion of your individual goals and challenges. We will then tell you if we feel that Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal medicine would be a good fit for you. This can be done over the phone. Call 208-616-1040 today.
Initial Comprehensive Exam*
All patients will need an Initial Exam before any treatment can be received.
During this appointment we will go over your health history, medical conditions, and your current symptoms. We are building a picture of you as a whole person, past and present, in order to understand what the best path to move you towards greater health in the future will be.
Your pulses will be taken (a sophisticated diagnosis technique), your tongue looked at, other areas of your body that are relevant to your symptoms may be examined, and questions about sleep, food, and stress will be asked. All of this will give us a picture of who you are and what you are dealing with, allowing us to assess if Acupuncture would be of benefit to you.
Please take time to carefully fill out your health intake form before you come in so that we can focus our time together on pinpointing the best way to begin your Care Plan.
The Care Plan approach
Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine are therapeutic interventions that work through consecutive treatments causing a cumulative healing effect. The effect is cumulative because Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine work with our bodies’ natural physiological processes instead of suppressing them.
Your Custom Care Plan is based on these six factors:
- Location. Is your health issue localized or systemic?
- Time. How long have you had this health challenge?
- Intensity. How severely has your health issue impacted your daily life?
- Cofactors. Are there other issues present that may complicate the healing process?
- Age. Are there age-related factors that may impact your recovery?
- Response. Your body’s response to your initial acupuncture session will help us gauge your rate of improvement.
The duration of each of the following phases is determined by the previous six factors:
- Relief– 2 to 3 treatments a week
- Repair– 1 treatment a week
- Prevent– 1 treatment a month, or every other month
Based upon what is uncovered in your Initial Exam we will use one or both of Spring’s unique forms of Acupuncture, Rapid-Relief Acupuncture and/or Sports/Orthopedic Acupuncture. If appropriate we will add one or more of Spring’s other services, such as Chinese Herbal medicine or Foot soaks.
Call us at 208.616.1040 or email us. We are here to help you.
For Frequently Asked Questions – click here